Value of MES in real dollars $15,000 per machine, every year.
Imagine increasing profit $15,000 per machine, sustained every year. We can do it.
Modern Machine Shop’s “Top Shops” benchmarking survey, 2012 shows immense value for the use of an MES system. Critical findings of the survey:
“The average gross sales for the Top Shops were 14 percent higher than the other shops.”
“The Top Shops achieve higher spindle utilization and faster setup times because they put a good deal of thought into optimizing shop floor processes and practices.”
“These shops are also more likely to implement continuous improvement strategies to become more effective as well as lean manufacturing concepts to become more efficient.”
Top Shops had a 12.6% better OEE metric than average shops. A 10% improvement in OEE (capacity utilization) will increase IFO 22% (from the book: “Overall Equipment Effectiveness: A Powerful Production/Maintenance Tool for Increased Profits”, Robert C. Hansen, Pgs 47-56).
Memex’s MERLIN MES is a tool that allows your organization to achieve these results!
The value of MERLIN, using actual KPI measurements to your operation, is significant:
- A +10%-20% increase in OEE is achieved by our customers following installation, typically within 12 weeks.
- Using an average of $302,066 in annual revenue per machine and average profitability of 18.9% (Modern Machine Shop, Top Shops – Benchmark Your Machining Business, 2012, page 24*) a conservative 10% increase across 90 machines translates to +$2.7 Million per year increase in revenue and +$500,000 in profit.
- This means, by machine, a +$30,206 increase in revenue and a $12,000 to $15,000 increase in profit.
- At a conservative 10% increase in efficiency the breakeven is typically 3-5 months.
- ROI of 100% in the first 12 months based on profit, or approaching 1,000% when factoring in increased revenue!
*Sponsored by AMT, the survey covered more than 500 manufacturing facilities.
MES is one of the best strategic drivers to obtain a competitive advantage in the manufacturing landscape improving profitability, reducing waste, and ensuring compliance with regulations. The top 5 summary reasons are here. For more detail, including ROI analysis tools and Lean Roadmap tools call Memex directly.
1) An MES system should be the highest priority project as it is more important than a capital equipment acquisition. The value of an MES is significant to the stakeholders of a company far surpassing any other ROI.
2) Plant wide efficiency improvements greater than 10% are normal and drive a company to significant success.
3) Profitability is exponentially improved and sustained every year.
4) ROI typically of 100% in the first 12 months based on profit, a payback typically in the 3-5 months range.
5) Every day a company waits to implement an MES is lost profits that cannot be re-covered.